I agree to pay The Bitworks, Inc to remotely support, repair, analyze and troubleshoot the operation of my computer, network and technical infrastructure.
- Payment is due at the time of the remote service work unless prior arrangements are in place with The Bitworks.
- Billing starts at the time of connection and will consist of time spent actually working on the device.
- Payment amounts are spelled out in any existing service plan held by the customer or our existing in-shop hourly rates if no contract is in place.
- Additional fees will be charged for after hours remote support.
- I understand that payment is for time spent working on the problem and does not guarantee the problem will be fixed.
- Free support, may be granted at the discretion of The Bitworks to complete or followup on repairs within 30 days of the completion of that repair. Free support sessions are not to exceed 15 minutes in duration.
- One free remote support session of 30 minutes in length is provided to hosting clients of The Bitworks to assist in setting up their email client software.
Time and Billing
- The Bitworks will endeavor to conduct all activities in a timely manner. Troubleshooting issues may be a time-consuming process and I agree to pay The Bitworks for troubleshooting time as necessary.
- Some issues need to be researched and agree to pay for time technicians spend researching my problem.
- I understand that some work performed may go over one hour and possibly many hours.
- The Bitworks will notify me when originally quoted or estimated time has lapsed and offer alternatives for repair.
- Due to the requirements of the repair, if approved by you, the client, we will back up your data to your computers and external hard drives/network shares to insure it’s integrity before performing work. Time spent backing up data and backup storage by The Bitworks is billable as part of the remote session.
- I will hold harmless The Bitworks for any and all data or software that may be lost or erased, as well as for any consequence of the erasure or loss of that data or software. The Bitworks will take every precaution to preserve all data and software on the computer, I understand that occasionally data loss will occur and/or software operation may be compromised.
- I agree to indemnify and hold harmless The Bitworks for any and all hardware or software malfunctions or accidents that may occur before, during or after work is performed on Client’s computer, and for any results thereof.
- The Bitworks reserves the right to recommend or involve another technology vendor if it is deemed the problem may be resolved with that involvement.
- Any information stored on your computer or viewed by our computer repair technicians during a remote support call will be held confidential, unless required by law.
- Private or personal information provided via verbal communication, email or text message to The Bitworks will be kept confidential.
- Your information is never sold or shared to outside companies.